“We believe the only way to provide the best possible food and pet care products is to know dogs and cats better than anyone else in the industry. We believe that through innovative research and breakthroughs, and by following our unique nutritional philosophy we can enhance the lives of millions of pets around the world.
From our start in 1946, Paul F. Iams sought out new ways to create premium, quality pet foods that would help give dogs and cats happy, healthy and long lives. He spent time with breeders and nutritionists and learned the importance of protein and the role of fat in pet food diets. He was the first to consider dogs and cats primarily as carnivores, a perception which was to revolutionize the whole of the pet food industry. Paul Iams’ belief that advanced nutrition would help make a substantive difference in the health of pets has become the basis for innovation after innovation:
- 1968 Discoveries with beet pulp led to advances that helped enhance canine digestive health.
- 1994 Discovered that FOS PreBiotics promotes a healthy intestinal environment. (US Patent 5,776,524. Granted 1998.)
- 1998 Developed the Nitrogen Trap™ Fiber System to nutritionally manage the progression of renal disease while still providing appropriate protein. (US Patents 5,965,175 & 6,093,418. Granted 1999 & 2000, respectively).
- 2000 Discovered that safe levels of dietary vitamin A may help dogs and cats avoid weight gain.
- 2001 Introduced Dental Defense which helps to reduce tartar build-up by up to 55%. (US Patent-Pending.)
- 2008 Launch of Iams® Premium Protection™, enhanced formulas that help burn fat, maintain muscle.
Our Global Approach
In Germany, dogs say “wau wau” instead of “bow wow” while “miau” is “meow” with an Italian accent. We at Iams know that there’s really only one language between pets and their owners: the language of unconditional love. Our goal is to enhance the wellbeing of dogs and cats from Spain to South Africa, from Portugal to the Philippines, and why millions of pets worldwide rely on Iams as their daily source of nutrition.
Improving the lives of dogs and cats is a personal passion shared by everyone who works at Iams. Why are we so dedicated? We’re all dog and cat lovers ourselves, many of us with pets who come to work with us regularly. To say that our office is pet-friendly doesn’t do justice to our working environment. Our meetings are often punctuated by wagging tales. But it’s the people who work at Iams who make the big difference and share in the original vision of our founder to help contribute to the health and happiness of pets worldwide. It’s a commitment that comes straight from the heart.
Pebbles the Shih Tzu, Lenny and Louie, the Shorthair tiger-striped brothers, and Atlas the Doberman are all part of the Iams team. And then there’s Euka, a Golden Labernese and our V.P. of Canine Communications.
Euka has her own official “office” cube with a bed, toy bin, and other dog-essentials. Her main responsibility is greeting guests entering our headquarters. She also attends stakeholder meetings and special events, and has appeared in Fortune magazine and even acted as Grand Marshall in local parades. With her innate skills to bond and connect with all that meet her, Euka brings our mission, vision and values to life everyday.”
*Information from Iams.com
**Video published on YouTube by “P&G (Procter & Gamble)“