“Revenue $2.38 B As of December 2013
At a Glance
- Industry: Health Care Equipment & Svcs
- Founded: 1998
- Country: United States
- CEO: W Carl Whitmer
- CFO: John M Doyle
- Website: www.iasishealthcare.com
- Employees: 15,100 e
- Fiscal Year End: Sep 30, 2013
- Sales: $2.38 B e
- Headquarters: Franklin, TN
#198 America’s Largest Private Companies
In 1998, the investment firm of Joseph Littlejohn & Levy purchased ten hospitals from Tenet Healthcare and five hospitals from Paracelsus Health Corp and formed Iasis Healthcare. In 2004, private equity firm, Texas Pacific group acquired Iasis, and remains the single largest stockholder in the company. The firm’s for-profit hospitals are mid-range in size, with 100 to 250 beds. Iasis Healthcare owns and operates 18 general, acute-care hospitals; one behavioral hospital; and three ambulatory surgery centers in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Nevada, Texas and Utah.”
“About Iasis Healthcare
Mission & Values
We are highly motivated and compassionate people, using advanced systems and technology to become the healthcare provider of choice and to improve the quality of life for the individuals and communities we serve.
IASIS employees, physicians and volunteers share these guiding and enduring values:
- We care about people, treating our patients and each other with dignity, compassion and respect.
- We act with honesty and integrity. We are accountable, one to another and as an organization, to build and maintain trust.
- We encourage innovative thinking and leadership excellence, which promotes the advancement of quality and healthcare delivery.
- We persevere and strive constantly to become better.
At the core of IASIS Healthcare is a commitment to caring. It is part of everything we do and every patient we touch. We continually strive to find ways to give back to our employee teams, the local communities we call home and those who experience need around the world.”
*Information from Forbes.com and Iasishealthcare.com
**Video published on YouTube by “IASISchannel“