OW Bunker history and corporate video
“OW Bunker History
OW Bunker was founded in Aalborg, Denmark in 1980 as part of the ship chandler Ove Wrist (Wrist Group), which dates back to the 1950’s. While Ove Wrist delivered a wide range of ship supplies to customers, OW Bunker’s sole focus was on physical distribution of marine fuel.
Initially, OW Bunker’s geographic expansion was on markets in Scandinavia and Northern Europe, but in 1992, we opened the company’s first overseas operation in Singapore in response to growing demand from international customers. Between 2000 and 2006, we adopted a strategy of becoming a leading player in the marine fuel reselling market while continuing to expand the physical distribution operations to new ports globally.
In 2007, Wrist Group was acquired by Altor Fund II, and since then the global expansion, primarily through organic growth, has continued. In recent years, we have focused on developing and strengthening a centralised platform, which includes risk management, credit evaluation, IT, financial controls, cash management and sales systems. This platform has allowed us to monitor and control our global business more efficiently and effectively, and it provides continuous access to aggregated real time data from the global operations to central management.
Today, OW Bunker is a leading global marine fuel company with operations in 29 countries, including the world’s busiest and most important ports.
In 2009, OW Bunker moved to a new corporate headquarter in Norresundby, Denmark.”
*Information from Forbes.com and Owbunker.com
**Video published on YouTube by “globalsalesowbunker“