Roper Technologies, Inc. (formerly Roper Industries, Inc.) is an American diversified technology company that designs and develops software (both license and software-as-a-service) and engineered products and solutions. The company is headquartered in Sarasota, Florida, United States.
The company was founded by George D. Roper in the late 19th century, primarily as a manufacturer of home appliances, pumps, and other industrial products.
In 1906, George D. Roper acquired Trahern Pump Co.
In 1957, the company changed its name to Roper Pump Company.
In 1981, Roper Pump Co. reorganized to Roper Industries.
In 1988, Roper’s lawn and garden products division was purchased by Electrolux. Roper was added to Husqvarna and Poulan/Weedeaster divisions forming the new brand American Yard Products.
In 1989, Whirlpool Corporation acquired the Roper brand for its appliances and yard equipment.
In 2004, Roper Industries acquired TransCore.
In 2008, Roper acquired The CBORD Group, Inc. and Horizon Software International, LLC.
In 2012, Roper acquired Sunquest Information Systems, a maker of diagnostic and laboratory software.
In 2015, Roper Industries Inc. changed its name to Roper Technologies, Inc.
In 2016, Roper acquired ConstructConnect.
In August 2020, Roper acquired Vertafore, an insurance software maker.
- Aderant – provider of business management software
- CBORD (the CBORD Group) – one of the world’s largest providers of campus card and cashless systems, food and nutrition service management software, integrated security solutions, commerce platforms, and housing management systems.
- CliniSys – provider of laboratory information management solutions
- Data Innovation – software company.
- Deltek – software company.
- Horizon – provider of software, services, and technologies for foodservice operations.
- IntelliTrans – provider of supply chain data.
- PowerPlan – provider of financial insight.
- Strata – provider of financial analytics.
- Sunquest – provider of diagnostic and laboratory information systems to health care providers worldwide.
- Vertafore – insurance technology.
Network Software & Systems
- ConstructConnect – provider of construction software.
- DAT – freight and logistics software company.
- Foundry – provider of software technologies.
- Inovonics – provider of wireless sensor networks.
- iPipeline – provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance and financial services industry.
- iTradeNetwork – provider of SaaS-based trading network and business intelligence solutions.
- Loadlink Technologies – freight and logistics software company.
- MHA – health care service company.
- rf IDEAS – provider of authentication, identification and logical access control solutions.
- SHP – provider of software and informatics solutions.
- SoftWriters – provider of software solution servicing pharmacies.
- TransCore – provider of transportation solutions.
Measurement & Analytical Solutions
- Alpha – provider of precision rubber and polymer laboratory instrumentation, data acquisition and data analysis software systems.
- CIVCO Medical Solutions – provider of diagnostic, therapeutic imaging and interventional procedures accessories.
- Dynisco – provider of solutions for plastics extrusion processing.
- FMI – provider of precise fluid control.
- Hansen – provider of valves and controls for large industrial refrigeration systems.
- Hardy – provider of weighing equipment for process and packaging.
- IPA – provider of automated surgical scrub dispensing equipment.
- Logitech – one of the world’s largest providers of materials analysis for advanced semiconductor materials processing, opto-electronics surface finishing, optical materials processing, geological science thin section preparation, test & measurement of materials and materials processing consumables.
- Neptune – technology company.
- Northern Digital – provider of optical and electromagnetic measurement systems.
- Struers – provider of materialographic solutions, products, and services.
- Technolog – provider of battery-powered data loggers.
- Uson – provider of automated leak detection equipment.
- Verathon – medical device company.
- AMOT – provider of control, safety and hazardous area solutions for engines, compressors, turbines, marine and other industrial applications.
- CCC – provider of turbomachinery controls.
- Cornell – provider of pumps.
- FTI – provider of flow meters, flow calibrators, flow controllers, and ancillary electronics.
- Metrix – provider of vibration monitoring systems and controls.
- PAC – provider of analytical instruments in the Hydrocarbon Processing Industry.
- Roper Pump – provider of rotary positive displacement technology-based fluid handling solutions.
- Viatran – provider of innovative pressure and level transmitters.
- Zetec – nondestructive testing(NDT) solutions company.
With more than 18,000 employees and with customers in over 100 countries, Roper Technologies, Inc. is considered one of the Top 2000 Largest Public Companies in the World, according to Forbes.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and www.ropertech.com.
**Video published on YouTube by “Why Invest In“.