Altice USA history, profile and corporate video
Altice USA is a communications and media company that provides high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings. It is headquartered in New York City, United States.
The company’s origins date back to 2001 when the French-Moroccan-Israeli-Portuguese businessman Patrick Drahi founded Altice NV, a French multinational communications and mass media company headquartered in the Netherlands.
In 2015, Altice NV entered the U.S. cable market by purchasing Suddenlink Communications, one of the country’s largest cable providers.
In 2016, Altice NV acquired Cablevision. Prior to this, Altice had already acquired St. Louis-based Suddenlink Communications.
In 2017, Altice USA rebranded its Suddenlink and Cablevision properties under the Altice name. That year, Altice USA also went public.
In 2018, Altice NV announced that it will spin-off Altice USA into a separate company.
In 2019, Altice USA announced that it was buying Cheddar.
In 2021, Altice USA acquired Morris Broadband, which would be later rebranded into the Optimum name.
- Optimum – provides Internet, digital TV, and voice services, plus Optimum WiFi.
- Suddenlink – provides Internet, digital TV, and voice services plus advanced home security.
- Optimum Mobile – delivers LTE coverage by combining Altice’s Fiber and mobile infrastructures with two of the top networks in the United States.
- Altice Business – offers data, Internet, voice, managed services and pay TV products to businesses across the country through its Optimum Business, Suddenlink Business and Lightpath brands.
- a4 Advertising (Altice Advanced Advertising & Analytics) – a data and advertising business that delivers multiscreen campaigns.
- Cheddar News – provides live news and original shows.
- News 12 Networks – provides local news, weather, traffic and sports.
- i24NEWS – a 24/7 international news and current affairs channel.
With more than 8,900 employees, Altice USA is considered one of the largest cable providers in the U.S. According to Forbes, it is considered one of the Top 2000 Largest Public Companies in the World.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and www.alticeusa.com.
**Video published on YouTube by “Altice USA“.