Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. history, profile and corporate video
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is a global insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting services company headquartered in Illinois, United States.
The company’s origins date back to 1927 when Arthur Gallagher opened an insurance agency in Chicago.
Following World War II, Arthur Gallagher’s three sons – Jim, Bob and John, join the firm in 1945.
In 1950, Arthur decided to incorporate the company, giving each of his sons an equity interest.
In 1957, Gallagher landed its largest client to date — Chicago’s Beatrice Foods Co.
In 1987, Gallagher was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
In 2021, Gallagher was recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute for the tenth consecutive year.
- Risk Placement Services (RPS) – a Managing General Agent/Underwriting Manager and nationally focused wholesale insurance broker.
- Gallagher Bassett – a Third-Party Administrator and claims manager.
- Artex – a provider of alternative risk management, offering diverse (re)insurance and ILS solutions.
- Pen underwriter – is an underwriter and virtual insurer.
- Alesco – provides specialist insurance and risk management solutions
- Gallagher Re – a lobal reinsurance brokerage firm.
With over 34,000 employees and with a global presence in more than 150 countries, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. is considered one of the largest insurance brokerage, risk management, and HR & benefits consulting companies in the world. According to Forbes, it is considered one of the Top 2000 Largest Public Companies in the World.
**Video published on YouTube by “Gallagher“.