Koç Holding A.Ş. history, profile and history video
Koç Holding A.Ş. is a Turkish industrial conglomerate headquartered in Nakkaştepe, Istanbul, Turkey. It was formed in 1964 when founder Vehbi Koç combined all of the companies bearing his name into Koç Holding.
However, the company can trace its roots back to 1926, when Vehbi Koç registered the company he had taken over from his father with the Ankara Chamber of Commerce under the name “Koçzade Ahmet Vehbi.”
Koç Holding operates through the following business segments: Energy, Finance, Consumer Durables, Automotive, and Other.
The Energy segment engages in power generation, natural gas, refinery, fuel distribution, LPG distribution, and other industries.
The Finance segment involves banking, leasing, insurance, real estate investment trust, pension funds, brokerage, asset management, consumer finance activities, and other financial products and services.
The Consumer Durables segment engages in white goods and consumer electronics.
The Automotive segment involves passenger cars, commercial vehicles, farm tractors, and defense vehicles.
Other Lines of Business
The Other segment includes other lines of business, such as food production, food distribution, retail, tourism, marine operations, information technology, and ship and yacht construction.
With more than 100 000 employees, Koç Holding AŞ is considered a Fortune Global 500 company and one of Turkey’s largest investment holding companies. According to Forbes, the company is considered one of the top 2000 largest public companies in the world.
Koç Group comprises more than 110 companies and is considered one of Turkey’s largest industrial and services groups in terms of revenues and market capitalization.
- Akpa A.Ş.
- Aygaz A.Ş. (Aygaz, Aygaz Otogaz +, Lipetgaz, Mogaz, Pürsu)
- Aygaz Doğal Gaz Toptan Satış A.Ş.
- Demir Export A.Ş.
- Ditaş Deniz İşletmeciliği ve Tankerciliği A.Ş.
- Entek Elektrik Üretimi A.Ş.
- Opet Fuchs Madeni Yağ A.Ş.
- Opet Petrolcülük A.Ş.
- THY OPET Havacılık Yakıtları A.Ş.
- Tüpraş (Türkiye Petrol Rafinerileri A.Ş.)
- Akpa A.Ş.
- Koç Finansman A.Ş.
- Token Payment Services & E-Money Inc
- Token Financial Inc
- Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Faktoring A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Finansal Kiralama A.O.
- Yapı Kredi-Koray Gayrimenkul Yatırım Ortaklığı A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Kültür ve Sanat Yayıncılık Tic. ve San. A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Portföy Yönetimi A.Ş.
- Yapı Kredi Yatırım Menkul Değerler A.Ş.
- Arçelik-LG Klima
- Arçelik A.Ş. (Altus, Arçelik, Arctic, Beko, Blomberg, Elektra Bregenz, Flavel, Grundig, Leisure)
- Defy Appliances (Pty) Ltd
- Ford Otomotiv San. A.Ş.
- Koç Fiat Kredi Finansman A.Ş.
- Otokar Otomotiv ve Savunma Sanayi A.Ş.
- Otokoç Otomotiv Tic. ve San. A.Ş.
- Otokoç Sigorta Aracılık Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Tofaş Türk Otomobil Fabrikası A.Ş. (Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Otoeksper, Tofaş)
- Türk Traktör ve Ziraat Makinaları A.Ş.
Other Lines of Business
- Ark İnşaat A.Ş.
- Bilkom A.Ş.
- Divan Turizm İşletmeleri A.Ş. (Divan, Divan Brasserie, Divan Cafeteria, Divan City, Divan Delivery, Divan Express, Divan Patisserie, Divan Pub, In Bakery by Divan)
- Düzey Tüketim Malları Sanayi Pazarlama ve Ticaret A.Ş.
- Ingage Dijital Pazarlama Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Inventram A.Ş.
- Koç Bilgi ve Savunma Teknolojileri A.Ş.
- KoçDigital Çözümler A.Ş.
- KoçSistem Bilgi ve İletişim Hizm. A.Ş.
- Koçtaş Yapı Marketleri A.Ş.
- Ram Dış Ticaret A.Ş.
- RMK Marine Gemi Yapım Sanayii ve Deniz Taşımacılığı İşletmesi A. Ş.
- Setair Hava Taşımacılığı ve Hizm. A.Ş.
- Setur Servis Turistik A.Ş.
- Tat Gıda Sanayi A.Ş.
- Tek-Art Kalamış ve Fenerbahçe Turizm Tesisleri A.Ş.
- Zer Merkezi Hizmetler A.Ş.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and www.koc.com.tr/en.
**Video published on YouTube by “Koç Holding“.