Poste Italiane S.p.A. profile and corporate video
Poste Italiane S.p.A. is the Italian postal service provider headquartered in Rome, Italy. It was created as a national and centralized organization for postal service, by Law no. 604 of 5 May 1862.
The company operates through the following segments: Mail, Parcel & Distribution, Payments, Mobile & Digital, Financial Services, and Insurance Services.
Mail, Parcel and Distribution
The Mail, Parcel and Distribution segment involves the delivery services of mail and parcels throughout Italy.
Payments, Mobile & Digital
The Payments, Mobile & Digital segment focuses on the payment services, fixed line & mobile phone services (TLC), and digital services.
PostePay is one of the results of digital options developing. It was launched in 2003 and become the prepaid card of choice for Italians.
The Financial Services segment provides a constantly expanding range of services through BancoPosta Fondi SGR (one of Italy’s biggest financial service providers), such as:
- public and private customer deposits and relative lending activities,
- postal savings instruments issued by Cassa Depositi e Prestiti (bonds and savings books)
- transaction banking services (payments and collections), such as postal payment slips, F24 tax forms, national and international postal money orders, Moneygram and Eurogiro services;
- asset management products (units of open-ended mutual funds
- Poste Vita and Poste Assicura insurance policies
- third-party financing products and credit cards.
- open-ended mutual investment funds
The Insurance Services provides life insurance services through Poste Vita (a leading life insurance company in Italy), as well as casualty insurance through Poste Assicura, a subsidiary of Poste Vita.
With more than 118 000 employees, Poste Italiane S.p.A. is a leading mail service provider in Italy and is considered one of the top 2000 largest public companies in the world, according to Forbes.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and ”www.posteitaliane.it/en”.
**Video published on YouTube by “IntPostCorp“.