Power Corporation of Canada profile and history video
Power Corporation of Canada is an international management and holding company focused on financial services in North America, Europe, and Asia. It is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and it was formed in 1925 by two stockbrokers – Arthur J. Nesbitt and his partner, Peter A. T. Thomson.
The company operates through the following businesses: Power Financial Corporation, Great-West Lifeco Inc., IGM Financial, Pargesa, China Asset Management, and others
Power Financial Corporation
Power Financial Corporation is an international management and holding company with interests in financial services and asset management businesses in Canada, the United States, and Europe.
Great-West Lifeco Inc. is an international financial services holding company with interests in life insurance, health insurance, retirement and investment services, asset management, and reinsurance businesses.
IGM Financial is a wealth and asset management company supporting financial advisors and the clients they serve in Canada, and institutional investors throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
Power Financial Europe B.V., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Power Financial, holds a 50% interest in Parjointco, which holds a controlling interest in Pargesa Holdings SA (Pargesa). Pargesa, through its subsidiary, Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (GBL), has holdings in global industrial and services companies based in Europe:
- Imerys (mineral-based specialty solutions for the industry)
- adidas (design and distribution of sportswear)
- SGS (testing, inspection and certification)
- Pernod Ricard (wines and spirits)
- LafargeHolcim (cement, aggregates and concrete)
- Umicore (materials technology and recycling of precious metals)
- Total (oil, gas and alternative energies)
- GEA (supplier of equipment and project management for a wide range of processing industries primarily in the food and beverage sectors)
- Webhelp (provider of customer experience and business process outsourcing)
- Ontex (disposable hygiene products)
- Parques (operation of regional leisure parks)
China Asset Management
China AMC has developed and maintained its position among the market leaders in China’s asset management industry.
With more than 30 000 employees, Power Corporation of Canada is considered one of the top 2000 largest public companies in the world, according to Forbes.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and ”www.powercorporationhistory.com”.
**Video published on YouTube by “INSEAD“.