Power Finance Corporation Ltd. (PFC) history, profile and corporate video
Power Finance Corporation Ltd. (PFC) is a non-banking financial company headquartered in New Delhi, India. It engages in the provision of financial assistance to power projects across India including generation, transmission, distribution and RM&U projects. Recently, it has forayed into the financing of other infrastructure projects which have backward linkages to the power sector like coal mine development, fuel transportation, oil & gas pipelines, etc.
Incorporated on July 16th, 1986, PFC is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power, Government of India. Initially wholly owned by the Government of India, the company issued an initial public offering in January 2007.
- PFC Consulting Limited
- Chhattisgarh Surguja Power Limited
- Coastal Karnataka Power Limited
- Coastal Maharashtra Mega Power Limited
- Coastal Tamil Nadu Power Limited
- Orissa Integrated Power Limited
- Sakhigopal Integrated Power Company Limited
- Ghogharpalli Integrated Power Company Limited
- Tatiya Andhra Mega Power Limited
- Odisha Infrapower Limited
- Cheyyur Infra Limited
- Deoghar Infra Limited
- Bihar Infrapower Limited
- Bihar Mega Power Limited
- Jharkhand Infrapower Limited
- Deoghar Mega Power Ltd.
- National Power Exchange Limited
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited
With more than 500 employees, Power Finance Corporation Ltd. (PFC) is considered one of the largest Non-Banking Financial Corporations (NBFCs) in India and also one of India’s largest infrastructure finance companies. According to Forbes, it is considered one of the Top 2000 Largest Public Companies in the World.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and www.pfcindia.com.
**Video published on YouTube by “Parikshit Sharma“.