Woolworths Group Limited profile and corporate video
Woolworths Group Limited is an Australian holding company headquartered in Bella Vista, New South Wales, Australia. It was established on December 5, 1924, when Woolworths Stupendous Bargain Basement opened its doors for business in Sydney’s Imperial Arcade.
The company manages some of Australia’s most recognized and trusted brands, such as Woolworths Supermarkets, Everyday Rewards, Woolworths Financial Services & Insurance, Countdown, Dan Murphy’s, BWS, Cellarmasters, Langton’s, ALH Hotels, and BIG W.
Woolworths Group consists of three core businesses: Australian Food, New Zealand Food, and Endeavour Group Limited.
- Woolworths Supermarkets is one of the Australia’s largest supermarket chains.
- Everyday Rewards is the loyalty program that allows members to enjoy a little more from Woolworths and partners every day.
- Woolworths Financial Services & Insurance offers a range of financial products across Credit Cards, Gift Cards and Insurance products.
New Zealand Food
- Countdown operates more than 180 stores across New Zealand. It also operates four dry grocery distribution centres, three fresh produce distribution centres, two meat processing plants, and one seafood processing plant
Endeavour Group Limited
- Dan Murphy’s provides a wide range of liquors, hundreds of spirits and beers, and thousands of wines as well.
- BWS is a convenient stand-alone liquor outlet.
- Cellarmasters is one of the largest providers of home-delivered wines.
- Langton’s, the Australia’s home of fine wine, featuring a brokerage service, online store and auctions.
- ALH Group provides an array of hospitality experiences including, restaurants, bistros, cafes, electronic gaming, nightclubs, accommodations and wagering.
With more than 196 000 employees, Woolworths Group Limited is considered one of the largest companies in Australia by revenue and the second-largest in New Zealand. It is also considered one of the largest takeaway liquor-retailers in Australia and one of the largest hotels and gaming poker-machine operators in Australia. According to Forbes, it is considered one of the top 2000 largest public companies in the world.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and ”www.woolworthsgroup.com.au”.
**Video published on YouTube by “Woolworths Group“.