ZTE Corp. history, profile and corporate video
ZTE Corp. engages in the design, development, manufacture and sale of telecommunication equipment and solutions. The company operates through three segments: Networks, Terminal and Telecommunications Software Systems, Services & Other Products. The Network (communication system) segment includes wireless communications, wireline switch and access and optical and data communications. The Terminals segmentmanufactures and sells mobile phone handsets and data card products. The Telecommunications Software Systems, Services and Other Products segment provides telecommunications software systems such as operation support systems and also provides fee-based services. The company was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.“
- ZTE continuedindustry leadership in next-generation PON technology
- ZTE presented its first smartphone “Skate” under own brand in Germany
- ZTE launchedindustry first TD-LTE Pico Base Station at MWC 2012
- ZTE reachedwireless network expansion agreement with Etisalat Misr
- ZTE, Telefonica jointly launched ‘Call Me Now’ service in Venezuela
- ZTE joinedglobal IT leaders on Cloud Computing Standards Study Group
- ZTE attainedglobal No.1 PCT patent filings spot
- ZTE and Hi3G Sweden signedstrategic deal worth US$74 million
- ZTE achieved breakthrough in 400Gb &1Tb optical transmission during field trial in Western Europe
- ZTE unveiledworld-first multi-application 400G and 1T DWDM prototype
- ZTE partnered with KPN Group Belgium to deploy packet switched core network
- ZTE won Best Broadband Partnership at Broadband InfoVision Awards
- ZTE became the 4th biggest smartphone manufacturer in the world during the third quarter of 2012
- ZTE launchedinnovative energy saving solutions for LTE networks
- ZTE’s GoTa was accepted by ITU reporton the ITU conference in Geneva
- ZTE helped China Mobile Hong Kong to launch the world first converged TD-LTE / LTE FDD network
- ZTE held 235 LTE essential patents, 7% of all LTE essential patents declared on the IPR online database of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (as of 30 November 2010).
- ZTE reached No. 3 spot for global market growth.
- ZTE No. 2 worldwide in international patent applications in 2010, topped PCT patent applications in Q1 2011.
- ZTE deployed LTE/DC-HSPA+ national network for Hutchison 3G Austria.
- CTIA recognized ZTE with 2011 emerging technology awards.
- ZTE delivered world’s first LTE TDD/FDD dual-mode infrastructure equipment to Hi3G.
- ZTE was selected for first batch of China TD-LTE trial network construction.
- ZTE and P1 successfully demonstrated the ability for WiMAX and TD-LTE to co-exist on the same network, making ZTE the first company in the industry to successfully test this revolutionary technology.
- ZTE, Qualcomm completed industry’s first CDMA2000 1x advanced IOT test.
- DiGi appointed ZTE to deploy 5,000 LTE-ready sites.
- ZTE and Sri Lanka‘s Mobitel carried out the first successful 4G(LTE) trial in South Asia.
- ZTE unveiled proprietary cloud computing operating system “Co Cloud“ and announced the completion of the Nanjing Cloud-Computing Centre.
- ZTE and Cell C announced Africa’s first 42Mbps DC-HSPA+ 900MHz commercial network.
- ZTE ZXR10 T8000 router passed MEF tests.
- ZTE awarded Optical Vendor of the Year and IPTV Vendor of the Year by Frost & Sullivan.
- ZTE and India’s Sistema signed an MOU, outlining principles and strategic direction for future cooperation between the two corporations. The signing ceremony was attended by the presidents of India and China.
- ZTE shipped 60 million terminal products, including 35 million handsets in the first half of 2011.
- ZTE unveiled world’s first commercial LTE micro base station.
- ZTE achieved world’s first TD-LTE and 2G/3G handover interoperability test.
- ZTE set world record with first WDM Tbit ULH transmission in beyond-100G field.
- ZTE debuted first TD-LTE multi-mode dual standby smart terminal at Shenzhen Universiade 2011.
- ZTE completed industry’s first interoperability test between FDD-LTE/TD-LTE and GSM/UMTS.
- ZTE’s President Shi Lirong was named one of the most powerful executives in the annual Global Telecoms Business Magazine Power 100.
- President Hu Jintao visited ZTE booth at ” Expo on Emerging Industries of Strategic Importance” in Shenzhen, giving great concern to TD-LTE deployment.
- ZTE Chairman Mr. Hou Weigui was selected as one of the “Outstanding Innovation Persons” among the “Top 30 Elites during the 30-Year Development of Shenzhen Special Economic Zone”.
- ZTE was awarded two Glod China Patent Awards recognized by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and State Intellectual Property Office of P.R. China (SIPO). ZTE had an accumulated patent applications of 30,000.
- ZTE was awarded the Best Investor Prize 2010 by the Greater Paris Investment Agency, recognising the company for its contribution to the Greater Paris region.
- ZTE and CSL were awarded the LTE Infrastructure Innovation award as part of the Global Telecoms Business Innovation Awards 2010.
- Telenor commissioned ZTE to build Hungary’s first LTE-ready network. ZTE would deploy over 6,000 base stations including LTE eNodeBs throughout the country.
- ZTE and Telefonica deployed Spain’s first WiMAX 802.16e network for residential and enterprise market.
- ZTE helped UCell launch 4G network in Uzbekistan. As of July 2010, ZTE had deployed seven LTE commercial networks and over 50 LTE trials in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and the Asia Pacific region.
- ZTE launched the industry’s first “xPON+EoC” solution, enabling quick convergence of the three networks.
- ZTE topped the global CDMA market with a 30% market share.
- ZTE ranked second in the world in terms of market access of broadband products.
- ZTE announced that it’s one of the top 3 GSM equipment vendors in the industry in terms of carrier frequency.
- ZTE was ranked third in the global optical networking (ON) industry by sales revenue.
- ZTE overtook Alcatel-Lucent to become the 4th largest firm in the industry, by wireless carrier frequency.
- ZTE recorded 200 million terminal shipments, ranking the first in China.
- ZTE showcased various next-generation integrated end-to-end LTE solutions at the Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2009.
- ZTE and CSL announced availability of the world’s first SDR-based HSPA+ commercial network with a high-speed wireless download of up to 21Mbps.
- ZTE Chariman Mr. Hou Weigui won Yuan Baohua Enterprise Management Gold Award.
- ZTE launched world’s first symmetrical 10G EPON equipment prototype.
- ZTE and Qualcomm collaborated to boost WCDMA system capacity and performance.
- ZTE was chosen to provide full scale, future-proof network for Promonte, part of the Telenor Group.
- ZTE was named “World’s Best CDMA Equipment Manufacturer 2009” by Frost & Sullivan.
ZTE served 51 of world’s top 100 operators.
ZTE served over 500 operators in more than 140 countries.
ZTE acquired 36.0% market share from I &II phases of China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA procurement; 26.9% of China Telecom’s phase I CDMA2000 procurement; 21.5% of China Unicom’s Phase I UMTS procurement.
ZTE signed Global Cooperation MOU with Vodafone, covering all infrastructure equipment including GSM, UMTS and optical transmission.
ZTE clinched UMTS contract from CSL, and deployed the SDR based network in Hong Kong.
ZTE announced its 3G strategy with the launch of its newest 3G terminal products for TD-SCDMA, CDMA and WCDMA divided into nine different terminal categories and 40 product types. ZTE’s handset ranked No. 6 in the world with sales volume reaching 45 million in 2008.
ZTE won North America 2008 3G CDMA Industry Achievement Award.
ZTE was included into the InfoTech 100 by BusinessWeek.
ZTE’s revenue from international principal operations accounted for 60% of the Company’s total revenue, exceeding the domestic market share for the first time.
ZTE formed strategic partnerships with world’s leading multinational operators including Vodafone, Telefonica and Hutchison, providing them with its customized terminals.
ZTE entered into a master purchase agreement with Sprint Nextel (NYSE: S) in WiMAX dormain.
ZTE bagged 51% of China Mobile’s initial TD-SCDMA procurement.
ZTE was ranked as the top 1 CDMA vendor for two consecutive years for its CDMA global shipment volume.
ZTE joined world top four GSM vendors, obtaining the fastest growth in the industry in 2007.
ZTE GPON won InfoVision Innovation Award at Broadband World Forum Europe 2007.
ZTE initialized the internationalization strategy via reorganizing the corporate structure and dispatching domestic management into overseas markets.
ZTE signed a general contract with Telus, the second largest Canadian telecommunications operator, to supply 3G terminals. That marked an important breakthrough for the Company in the European and American high-end markets.
ZTE announced a long-term strategic partnership with France Telecom, paving the way for profound cooperation in a wide range of sectors including fixed network access, services and terminals.
Ranked as one of the ‘Top 100 Information Technology Companies’ by BusinessWeek
Joined the league of global telecoms giants by teaming up with Alcatel, Ericsson, France Telecom and Portugal Telecom
Became China’s largest wireless equipment provider with a global wireless capacity exceeding 100 million lines
Became one of the three largest DSLAM suppliers worldwide (Source: Gartner )
Further enhanced its presence in Europe by rolling out a five-month 3G Roadshow in 10 European countries
Listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange as the first A to H listed Chinese enterprise
Launched the world’s first CDMA2000-based digital trunking technology – GoTa (Global open Trunking architecture)
Provided telecoms services for the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens – ADSL system covered 16 facilities throughout the event
Made the first 3G call in Africa over a ZTE UMTS network in Tunisia
Strategic emphasis on international business, with the number of international marketing staff increased by over 100%
Became the largest CDMA system provider to BSNL, India’s largest telecoms services company, and constructed Africa’s largest CDMA WLL network in Algeria
Established ZTE handsets as a strategic product and a new source of revenue growth
Partnered with Intel (China) to develop 3G wireless and wireless LAN integration communications technologies and equipment for CDMA2000 and UMTS
Established ZTE Global Customer Support Centre
Constructed ZTE’s first CDMA network for China Unicom, with a capacity of up to 1.1 million lines
Constructed the world’s first Softswitch network for China Netcom
Ranked No. 3 in the ‘Top 50 listed companies with greatest development potential’ in China Securities Journal-Asia Business magazine
Launched the world’s first CDMA handset with detachable SIM card
Successfully put through the first CDMA2000 1x call using ZTE equipment
Launched ZTE189 dual-frequency handset, the first Chinese dual-frequency product with Chinese-owned intellectual property
First deployed the ZTE ZXMVC3000 video conferencing system in an overseas market, in Kenya
Signed ZTE’s first PHS contract with China Telecom
Established first overseas office, in Islamabad, Pakistan
Won a US$95 million turnkey bid in Pakistan, the first large-scale overseas telecoms project contracted with a Chinese telecoms company
Opened the company’s first R&D institute in the USA, developing software, switching and CDMA2000 1x technologies
Listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in China
Started transition to a multi-product R&D strategy, embracing wireless switching, transmission, access, videoconferencing and power supply systems in 1996
Became the first Chinese telecoms equipment provider to attain ISO9001 quality standard certificate in 1995
Developed ZXJ2000 digital SPC exchange which was awarded the ‘Star of Innovation and Invention’ by the Chinese Branch of Technology Systems at the United Nations in
Founded Zhongxing Semiconductor Co. Ltd., the predecessor of ZTE Corporation in 1985, Shenzhen, China”
*Information from Forbes.com and Zte.com.cn
**Video published on YouTube by “ZTE Georgia“