Allstate Corp. profile and corporate video
The Allstate Corp. operates as a holding company for Allstate Insurance Co. It primarily engaged in the personal property and casualty insurance business and the life insurance, retirement and investment products business. The company conducts its business primarily in the U.S. It operates through four business segments: Allstate Protection, Allstate Financial, Discontinued Lines and Coverages and Corporate and Other. The Allstate Protection segment sells private passenger auto and homeowners insurance through agencies and directly through call centers and the internet. These products are marketed under the Allstate, Encompass and Esurance brand names. The Allstate Financial segment provides life insurance, retirement and investment products and voluntary accident and health insurance products. Its principal products are interest sensitive, traditional and variable life insurance, fixed annuities including deferred and immediate and voluntary accident and health insurance. The Discontinued Lines and Coverages segment includes results from insurance coverage that the company no longer write and results for certain commercial and other businesses in run-off. The Corporate and Other segment is comprised of the company’s activities and certain non-insurance operations. The company was founded on April 17, 1931 and is headquartered in Northbrook, IL.“
“Our Shared Vision
Our Shared Vision expresses who we are, what we expect from each other and the essence of our organization.
We are the Good Hands: We help customers realize their hopes and dreams by providing the best products and services to protect them from life’s uncertainties and prepare them for the future.
Our Strategic Vision
Deliver substantially more value than the competition by reinventing protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives.
- Honesty, caring and integrity
- Inclusive diversity
- Superior performance
Create long-term value by serving our stakeholders, taking appropriate risks and leveraging our capabilities and strategic assets.
- Put the customer at the center of all our actions.
- Utilize consumer insights, data and technology to serve customers and generate growth and attractive economic returns.
- Execute well considered decisions with precision and speed.
- Focus relentlessly on those few things that provide the greatest impact.
- Be a learning organization that leverages successes, learns from failures and continuously improves.
- Provide employees and agencies fulfilling work, personal growth and performance-based rewards.
- Take an enterprise view of our people and processes and work as a single team to advance Allstate rather than our individual interests.
Our Operating Priorities
- Customer focus
- Operational excellence
- Enterprise risk and return
- Sustainable growth
- Capital management”
*Information from Forbes.com and Allstate.com
**Video published on YouTube by “john7108“