Babcock International Group Plc history, profile and corporate video
Babcock International Group Plc provides engineering support services to government and key industry organizations across the globe. It operates through four divisions: Marine & Technology, Defence & Security, Support Services and International. The Marine & Technology division operates as a naval support business, providing through-life services and deep maintenance to the Royal Navy’s major warships and nuclear-powered submarines. The Defence & Security division is a provider of infrastructure, equipment support and military training to all three Armed Services. The Support Services division delivers a broad range of services which span infrastructure support, equipment support and training. Its customer base spans energy, transport, mobile communications, education and local government. The International division includes supplying engineering support services to the energy, process, mining and construction industries in Africa and engineering support service expertise to the Middle East in Oman and the United Arab Emirates. Babcock International was founded in 1891 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.”
“Babcock International Group Heritage
Over 120 years of technical and engineering solutions
To find out about our history from 1891, explore the interactive timeline, above. It gives an overview of our progress from day one, and includes some of our recent acquisitions to 2012.
Significant Contract Wins
- Hard facilities management national contract with Defence Support Group who are responsible for maintaining and repairing all Army’s vehicles.
- Refit of the Vanguard class submarine, HMS Vigilant, due to take place over a three and a half year period worth £300m to Babcock.
- £560m WSMI contract for HMNB Devonport to provide naval base and in-service engineering support through to 2013.
- £155m contract to provide in-service engineering support to the UK’s submarine flotilla over the next ten years.
- Supply of a further 200 Jackal 4X4 patrol vehicles to the Ministry of Defence for urgent operational requirement in Afghanistan worth £55mn to Babcock.
- Assembly of two new 65,000 tonne aircraft carriers worth £675m.
- Support for British Energy’s 7 AGR nuclear power stations worth in excess of £70m through to 2012.
- Training future military Royal Engineers over a 30 year period, worth £1.5bn.
- A five year contract to maintain four Victoria class submarines on behalf of the Canadian Government worth £125m. Option to extend up to 15 years valued in the order of £750m.
- Maintenance and upgrade of a significant element of the MoD estate in the east of England in a contract worth £500m.
- Improvement of the UK power distribution grid. Five year, £100m per annum contract to commence the urgent work of improving the UK distribution grid for National Grid.
- Operation and maintenance of the high output track renewal system owned by Network Rail through to 2009.
- Maintenance and upgrade of a significant element of the MoD estate in the south west of England until 2016, worth £480m.
- Operational maintenance of RAF Hawk fast jet; a multi-activity contract with responsibility for the operational maintenance at RAF Valley until 2010.
- £750m contract to manage HM Naval Base Clyde until 2013.
Modernisation of living accommodation for British Armed Forces (second phase won in 2007).”
*Information from Forbes.com and Babcock.co.uk
**Video published on YouTube by “BabcockInternational“