Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd. history, profile and corporate video
Kasikornbank Public Co. Ltd. engages in the commercial banking business, securities business, and other related businesses. The company operates through the following segments: Corporate Business, SME Business, and Retail Business. The Corporate Business segment consists of Multi-Corporate Business and Large Corporate Business. The SME Business segment consists of Medium, Small and Micro Business. The Retail Business segment comprises of Net Worth Individual, Affluent, Middle Income and Mass. The company was founded on June 8, 1945 and is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.”
Kasikornbank was established on June 8, 1945, with registered capital of Baht 5 Million and only 21 employees. Its first office is now the Thanon Sua Pa Main Branch. The Bank showed healthy performance after only six months in operation. As of December 31, 1945, or at the end of its first accounting period, the Bank recorded total deposits of Baht 12 Million and with the assets of Baht 15 Million.
- 1973 – Thailand’s first bank to offer credit card services, under the so-called “Multi-Purpose Credit Card”
- 1980 – The first bank in Thailand to issue Floating Rate Certificates of Deposit, valued at USD 25 million, in the London market
- 1993 – The first to employ the re-engineering system – the impetus for the redesign of branches and service delivery among Thai commercial banks
- 1998 – KBank pioneered the use of SLIPS (Stapled Limited Interest Preferred Stock), a new financial vehicle for fundraising, which was later used by other banks
- 2003 – Change the name from Thai Farmers Bank (TFB) to KASIKORNBANK (KBank). A new branch model of “Coffee Banking” was introduced by KBank, the first of its kind in Asia
- 2005 – KBank was the first Thai commercial bank to operate business with a complete financial solution under the KASIKORNBANKGROUP, which consists of 6 companies including KASIKORNBANK, KASIKORN FACTORING, KASIKORN ASSET MANAGEMENT, KASIKORN RESEARCH CENTER, KASIKORN SECURITIES, and KASIKORN LEASING.
- 2006 – Partner Bank Strategy with Regional Japanese Banks, by signing agreement with regional and local banks in AEC Plus to reciprocate market knowledge, support and services for the customers from both banks.
- 2007 – Change the logo into tri-language logo (Thai, Chinese and English).
- 2009 – KBank issued “K-My Debit Card”, which is Thailand’s first debit card service that allows customers to personalize their own debit cards.
- 2010 – The first Thai bank with “Off-hour FX dealing” providing an extended service hours for currency exchange and treasury from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- 2011 – Escrow Agent: The first bank in Thailand to serve as a neutral third party on behalf of home buyers and sellers, Offering the world’s first secured system of payment via mobile phone (Mobile Verified by Visa) and K-Value Chain Solutions: Thailand’s first financial solution that takes care of customers’ businesses all along entire value chains, from upstream to downstream
- 2012 – The first bank through which Myanmar workers can remit funds to their country and equipped its ATMs with menu in Myanmar. Change the name of KBank in China to Kāi tài yínháng (开泰银行).
- 2013 – Open a branch in Chengdu, the second branch in China”
*Information from Forbes.com and Wikipedia.org
**Video published on YouTube by “abomb438“