Rocket Companies, Inc. history, profile and corporate video
Rocket Companies, Inc. is a holding company consisting of personal finance and consumer service brands headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
The company’s flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, was founded by Dan Gilbert in 1985 as Rock Financial, a brick-and-mortar mortgage company.
In 1999, the company launched RockLoans.com, a branch-based lender site, changed its name to Quicken Loans, and partnered with Title Source, a title company we still work with today.
Since then, Rocket Companies grew from a single mortgage lender to an ecosystem of businesses, providing real estate, mortgage, and financial services.
In 2020, Rocket Companies was listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) as a publicly traded entity.
- Rocket Mortgage – the nation’s largest mortgage lender.
- Amrock – a national provider of title insurance, property valuations and settlement services
- Amrock Title Insurance Company (ATI) – a nationwide title insurer.
- Nexsys Technologies – a FinTech company dedicated to creating and delivering real estate solutions.
- Lendesk – a technology company offering a suite of products to digitize and simplify the Canadian mortgage experience.
- Edison Financial – a digital mortgage firm using Lendesk’s Spotlight as its lender submission platform.
Home Sale & Search
- Rocket Homes – a proprietary home search platform and real estate agent referral network.
- ForSaleByOwner.com – a leading online marketplace that empowers clients to buy or sell properties on their own.
Auto & Personal Financing
- Rocket Auto – a virtual marketplace where consumers can shop and compare vehicles of many makes and models from a wide network of dealers.
- Rocket Loans – an online personal loan company.
- Core Digital Media – a digital, social and display advertiser in the mortgage, insurance and education sectors.
- LowerMyBills.com – connects clients with providers of home loans, auto loans and personal loans – as well as auto, home and life insurance.
Client Services & Technology Solutions
- Rock Connections – a sales and support platform specializing in contact center services.
- Rock Central – a professional services company delivering solutions in many different areas, including human resources, accounting, technology, legal services, public relations and more.
- Rocket Innovation Studio – recruits and mentors technology talent across Canada.
- Woodward Capital Management – an Issuer of Private Label Securitizations.
According to Forbes, Rocket Companies, Inc. is considered one of the Top 2000 Largest Public Companies in the world.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and www.rocketcompanies.com.
**Video published on YouTube by “Rocket Mortgage“.