Toyota Group profile (overview) and history video
The Toyota Group (Japanese:トヨタグループ) is one of the largest conglomerates (multi-industry companies) in the world.
TOYOTA GROUP COMPANIES
Toyota Group companies have subsequently been established in integrated automotive industry areas such as automobile manufacturing, materials, manufacturing equipment, and parts.
- TOYOTA INDUSTRIES CORPORATION (established in 1926) – manufacture and sales of textile machinery, materials handling equipment, automobiles, and automobile parts.
- TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION (established in 1937) – motor vehicle production and sales.
- AICHI STEEL CORPORATION (established in 1940) – manufacture and sales of specialty steel, forged steel products and electromagnetic parts.
- JTEKT CORPORATION (established in 2006) – manufacture and sales of machine tools and auto parts.
- TOYOTA AUTO BODY CO., LTD. (established in 1945) – manufacture of minivans, commercial vehicles, SUVs, special-purpose vehicles, welfare vehicles, and the super-compact battery electric Vehicle.
- Toyota Tsusho Corporation (established in 1948) – business transactions related to various items in Japan and between foreign countries, import and export.
- AISIN CORPORATION (established in 1965) – manufacture and sales of automotive parts, lifestyle and energy-related products.
- DENSO CORPORATION (established in 1949) – manufacture and sales of electrical components for automobiles and other applications, air conditioning equipment and general appliances, and electrical appliances.
- TOYOTA BOSHOKU CORPORATION (established in 1950) – manufacture and sales of vehicle interior parts, filters and power train mechanical parts and textiles.
- TOYOTA FUDOSAN CO., LTD. (established in 1953) – real estate ownership, management, buying and selling, leasing, property management, and securities investment.
- TOYOTA CENTRAL R&D LABS., INC. (established in 1960) – fundamental research and testing for technical development for the Toyota Group.
- TOYOTA MOTOR EAST JAPAN, INC. (established in 2012) – manufacture of automobiles and parts.
- TOYODA GOSEI CO., LTD. (established in 1949) – manufacture and sales of plastic and rubber automotive parts and other products.
- Hino Motors, Ltd. (established in 1942) – manufacture and sales of large trucks, buses, small commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, engines, and spare parts.
- DAIHATSU MOTOR CO., LTD. (established in 1907 – manufacture and sales of automobiles.
- TOYOTA HOUSING CORPORATION (established in 2003) – planning, sales, construction and after-sales service of housing.
- TOYOTA MOTOR KYUSHU, INC. (established in 1991) – manufacture of automobiles and parts.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org and global.toyota/en
**Video published on YouTube by “Tony Graham Automotive Group“