Toyota Motor Corporation history, company profile (overview) and history video
Toyota Motor Corporation (Japanese: トヨタ自動車株式会社) is a multinational automotive manufacturer headquartered in Toyota City, Aichi, Japan. Its main business activities focus on motor vehicle production and sales.
Toyota Motor is part of the Toyota Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the world.
OTHER TOYOTA BUSINESSES
Toyota has grown from its venture business roots into a variety of other fields beyond automobile manufacturing, including housing, financial services, communications, marine and biotechnology, and afforestation.
- Financial Services – Toyota Financial Services Corporation (TFS) provides financial services, mainly auto loans and leasing.
- Housing Services – Toyota Housing Corporation operates housing-related businesses, including detached house construction as well as condominium development and housing renovations.
- Marine Services – Toyota Marine provides prived cruisers.
- Agribio Services – agricultural support initiatives that utilize the experience and know-how cultivated in automobile production and biotechnology development.
- Welwalk Business – delivers assist robots to rehabilitation hospitals in Japan. Welwalk provides rehabilitation support for individuals with lower limb paralysis as a result of stroke and other causes.
Toyota Motor’s origins date back to 1933 when Toyoda Automatic Loom Works, Ltd. (now Toyota Industries Corporation) set up its Automobile Department, led by Kiichiro Toyoda. Toyoda Automatic Loom Works, Ltd. was founded in 1926 to manufacture and market the automatic loom invented by Sakichi Toyoda, Kiichiro’s father.
Toyota Motor Corporation was incorporated and separated from Toyoda Automatic Loom Works, Ltd. (now Toyota Industries Corporation) in 1937. Today, both Toyota Motor Corporation and Toyota Industries Corporation are part of the Toyota Group, one of the largest conglomerates in the world.
In 1950, Toyota Motor Sales Co., Ltd. was established.
In 1957, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. was established.
In 1958, Toyota do Brasil Ltda. was established.
In 1982, Toyota Motor Co., Ltd. merged with Toyota Motor Sales Co., Ltd.
In 1998, operations at Tianjin Toyota Motor Engine Co., Ltd. were commenced.
In 2002, Toyota entered Formula One competition and established a manufacturing joint venture with Citroën and Peugeot.
With more than 366,000 employees, Toyota Motor Corporation is considered one of one of the largest automobile manufacturers in the world. According to Forbes, it is considered one of the Largest Public Companies in the World.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org and global.toyota/en
**Video published on YouTube by “Tony Graham Automotive Group“