China National Nuclear Power Co., Ltd. history, profile and corporate video
China National Nuclear Power Co., Ltd. is a nuclear power company headquartered in Beijing, China.
The state-owned enterprise China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) is the parent company of China National Nuclear Power Co., Ltd.
The CNNC’s predecessor was the Ministry of Nuclear Industry, which can trace its roots back to 1955. The Ministry oversaw China’s nuclear-related corporations, manufacturers, institutions, research institutes, and plants, including those related to nuclear weapons.
In 1988, the Ministry of Nuclear Industry was re-organized and became China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC).
In 2018, CNNC acquired China Nuclear Engineering & Construction Corp (CNECC), a nuclear power plant builder.
China National Nuclear Power Co. is engaged in research and development, construction, production and operation in the fields of nuclear power, nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear uranium, nuclear applications, environmental protection and nuclear engineering, new energy, as well as international cooperation, imports and exports.
- China Institute of Atomic Energy
- Nuclear Power Institute of China
- Southwestern Institute of Physics
- China Nuclear Power Operation Technology Corporation, Ltd.
- China Nuclear Power Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Institute for Radiation Protection
- Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology (BRIUG)
- China Institute of Nuclear Industry Strategy (CINIS)
- China Nuclear Mining Science and Technology Corporation
With more than 13,000 employees, China National Nuclear Power Co., Ltd. is considered one of the Top 2000 Largest Public Companies in the World.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and en.cnnc.com.cn.
**Video published on YouTube by “Nina Wong“.