Keppel Corporation Limited history, company profile (overview) and history video
Keppel Corporation Limited is an investment holding and management company headquartered in Keppel Bay Tower, HarbourFront, Singapore. It operates through the following business sectors: Energy & Environment, Urban Development, Connectivity, And Asset Management.
Keppel Corporation was founded in 1968 as Keppel Shipyard.
In 1980, Keppel was listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
In 1983, Keppel entered into the property market with the acquisition of Straits Steamship Company.
In 1993, Keppel entered the banking and financial services sector with the acquisition of Asia Commercial Bank (renamed Keppel Bank).
In 1997, Keppel entered the telecommunications industry with the establishment of Keppel Telecommunications & Transportation.
- Keppel Offshore & Marine – energy & environment;
- Keppel Infrastructure – energy & environment;
- Keppel Renewable Energy – energy & environment;
- Keppel Land – urban development;
- Keppel Urban Solutions – urban development;
- Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City – urban development;
- Keppel Telecommunications & Transportation – connectivity;
- M1 – connectivity;
- Keppel Capital – asset management.
With more than 30,000 employees, Keppel Corporation Limited is considered one of the Largest Public Companies in the World, according to Forbes.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and www.kepcorp.com/en.
**Video published on kepcorp.com