Doosan Corp. history, profile and corporate video
Doosan Corp. is a holding company, which engages in infrastructural support business. It operates through the following business groups and unit: Electronic, Mottrol, and Global Network business groups and Information and Communications unit. The Electronic business group manufactures printed circuit boards, organic light emitting diodes, metal, flexible, and package copper clad laminates. The Mottrol business group produces traveling and swing motors, main pumps, control valves, and other parts for hydraulic equipment. The Global Network business group engages in trading, logistics, import and export of chemicals, architectural interior finishing, and food materials based on its long-accumulated global sourcing capabilities and network. The Information and Communications unit provides comprehensive IT services, including development, consulting, and operation. It also offers media and publishing products and services, real estate, retail and consumer goods, and social and cultural programs. The company was founded on December 18, 1933 and is headquartered in Seoul, south Korea.”
- 1896 Park Seung-jik opened first store
- 1925 Changed the name of Park Seung-Jik Store Limited to Doosan Store
- 1953 Established the Oriental Brewery and began producing OB beer.
- 1960 Established Dongsan Construction and Engineering (currently Doosan Engineering & Construction)/Acquired Hapdong News Agency (currently Yonhap News)
- 1966 Founded Hanyang Food
- 1967 Founded Yoonhan Machinery (currently Doosan Mecatec)
- 1969 Founded Hankook Bottle and Glass
- 1979 Established Doosan CCK Can Manufacturing
- 1980 Founded OB Seagram
- 1982 Formed OB Bears (currently Doosan Bears)
- 1985 Acquired Donga Publishing (currently Doosan Dong-A), Acquired Baekhwa Brewery
- 1996 Celebrated Doosan’s 100th anniversary of our founding, Announced Doosan Group’s new CI
- 1998 Incorporated nine affiliates and re-launched the company as Doosan Corporation in September.
- 2008 Acquired the Chung-Ang University Foundation – Y.S.Park took office as Chairman.
- 2008 Sold off the liquor business, and henceforth operated four main businesses, namely, Electro-materials, Fashion, Glonet, and Information & Communication.
- 2009 Doosan Corporation converted into an operating holding company.”
*Information from Forbes.com and Wikipedia.org
**Video published on YouTube by “Doosan Construction Equipment“