Formosa Plastics Corporation history, company profile (overview) and corporate video
Formosa Plastics Corporation (台灣塑膠公司; lit. “Taiwan Plastics Company”) is a chemical company headquartered in Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. It is a supplier of plastic resins and petrochemicals.
Formosa Plastics Corporation (FPC) was founded in 1954 with a US$ 798,000 loan from United States aid agencies.
In 1957, the first PVC plant was constructed in Kaohsiung.
In 1994, FPC formed the Formosa Transrail to operate the rail fleet.
In 1996, Formosa Plastics established Mailiao Auto Electric Co., Ltd. as a joint venture with Formosa Petrochemical, Nanya, and Taihua.
As of 2005, Formosa Plastics became one of Taiwan’s largest producers of PVC resins.
- Chlor-Alkali (sodium hypochlorite, ethylene dichloride, hydrochloric acid, caustic soda);
- Polyethylene (high density, linear low density, low density, formosa industries corporation);
- Polypropylene (homopolymers impact copolymers, random copolymers);
- Suspension PVC (homopolymers, compounds);
- Specialty PVC (dispersion homopolymers, dispersion copolymers, blending homopolymers, blending copolymers, suspension copolymers).
With more than 3,000 employees, Formosa Plastics Corp. is considered one of the world’s largest chemical companies. According to Forbes, it is considered one of the Largest Public Companies in the World.
*Information from Forbes, Wikipedia.org, and www.fpcusa.com.
**Video published on YouTube by “台塑企業總管理處“