Sampo Group history, profile (overview) and corporate video
Sampo Group is a Nordic insurance group headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. Sampo Group is made up of the parent company Sampo plc and its subsidiaries If P&C, Topdanmark, Hastings and Mandatum.
The group companies have insurance operations in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, and the United Kingdom.
Sampo was established in 1909 and offered a new line for the insurance sector by providing multiple lines of insurance rather than just a single one.
In 1988, Sampo was listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange (Nasdaq Helsinki).
In 2000, Sampo merged with Leonia Bank.
In 2001, Leonia Bank became Sampo Bank and Investment Bank Mandatum joined Sampo Group.
In 2006, Sampo sold its banking business to the Danish Danske Bank.
- Sampo plc – is the Sampo Group parent company;
- If P&C – is one of the largest P&C insurers in the Nordic Region;
- Topdanmark – is one of the largest life and non-life insurance companies in Denmark;
- Hastings – is one of the leading digital general insurance providers in the UK;
- Mandatum – offers services in wealth management, asset management, rewards, and personal insurance.
With more than 13.000 employees, Sampo Group is considered one of the largest Nordic insurance groups. According to Forbes, Sampo plc is considered one of the Largest Public Companies in the World.
*Information from Forbes.com, Wikipedia.org, and www.sampo.com.
**Video published on YouTube by “Sampo plc“